Pivotal Insight is always looking for highly motivated consultants to join our growing team. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits packages, 401k, and training and certification reimbursement. For prospective candidates, please send an updated resume to Career@Pivotal-Insight.com. We currently have the following position openings:
Pivotal Insight, LLC is a consulting and research firm that helps government executives uncover and apply best practices to tackle their biggest challenges. Pivotal Insight is looking to hire a full-time Business Consultant in our NYC office. We are looking for someone with analytical aptitude, some entry level/junior level general consulting experience, attention to detail, and who thrives in a fast paced and VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex, and sometimes ambiguous). Qualified applicant should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design rate of change management plans, resource allocation plans, meetings and schedules
- Analyze roles and responsibilities within organizational structures and offering system-wide solutions
- Assist in defining, analyzing, validating and documenting complex operating environments, states of technology and current processes with an organization
- Assist with internal and external project management activities such as Gantt charts and action trackers to ensure all deliverables are met on time and meet business requirements
- Design training material and/or reports based on organizational needs
- Design presentation materials and scripts for client engagement
- Prepare agendas, record meeting minutes, and develop and manage action item trackers including driving actions to closure.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with the facilitation team, as necessary
- Manage logistics for workshops and meetings
- Conduct research and analytical studies to form recommendations on a variety of programs and issues to develop or improve procedures and forms (for both the Pivotal firm and any/all client markets and agencies)
- Degree and or Planned Studies in any of the following areas: Organizational Operations, Organizational Management, Transportation, Political Science, MBA, MPA (Public Administration), Public Policy, Economics, etc.
- Ability to work independently (self-manage)
- Must understand management concepts and strategies
- Ability to move from concept & ideation to tangible iterative design quickly (sometimes without full clarity and many unknown variables)
- Strong professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Advanced task management/action management skills
- Ability to write speeches, prep presentations, perform analysis and also file documents and take notes all in a day (from strategic to admin and all in between)
- Interact with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Machine Learners, Change Management Consultants, Facilitators and Executives at any given time
- Ability to document functional business changes to account for expected organization and role impacts, translating findings into content for communication, training and change activities which results in behavioral change
- Strong computer skills with expert proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Visio®)
- Flexible, open minded, hard-working, innovative and determined!
Pivotal Insight, LLC is a consulting and research firm that helps government executives uncover and apply best practices to tackle their biggest challenges. Pivotal Insight is currently looking for a Research Analyst for our Arlington, VA office. The Research Analyst will be responsible for supporting operations across a number of programs on two government/federal efforts with the following assignments to include, but not limited to:
Providing project management and administrative support with customers of the program and coordination with stakeholders to identify dependencies, and critical paths to ensure timely completion of all milestones in various program areas.
Additional responsibilities shall include working with the clinical informatics professionals, senior experts and Clinical Application Coordinators (CACs) in the preparation and updating of project plans, documentation of accomplishments to date, preparing research papers, making recommendations on strategies, and identification of technical risks and scope variances. Assist in development, deployment and execution of informatics training materials and coordination of a variety of learning activities. Assist with researching data, compiling information, filing plans, performing paper and electronic correspondence tracking, and preparing textual and graphic material for briefings, reports, issue papers, and memorandums. Attend various council and working group meetings either in person or via conference call.
- US citizen as this position may require a DoD level Secret Security Clearance in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an appropriate field (e.g., public administration, business, accounting, management, or technology) from an accredited college or university.
- Currently hold or can achieve National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) level clearance.
- Ability to serve as a member of a project team for two different efforts--75% of time on one and 25% of time on another.
- Work under the direction of the task lead, and with feedback from the supported government customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel for up to three (3) days at a time, up to six (6) trips during base year.
- Monitor technical program/project performance and deliverables, take minutes with the ability to report on a weekly basis.
- Analyze program requirements, status, budget, and schedules.
- Support research for projects, including database management and computer support.
- Participate in data collection for needs assessments, benchmarking, performance evaluation and operational reviews.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Skill in workflow analysis and management.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in project planning and project management.
- Skill in creating and interpreting research documentation.
- Ability to work independently and proactively engage with clients despite their congested schedules.
- Ability to split functions and time between client portfolios.
- Ability to establish, implement and maintain operating goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software (Specifically, Excel, PPT, Visio & Project).